Book your system handover
To book your handover, email us at [email protected] or call us on 6363 8744 with your booking details:
- Booking name
- Contact number
- Site address
- Preferred day of the week for a handover (Monday to Friday)
Our service department will call you back within 48 hours to arrange a suitable time for a technician to visit your home. Please allow four weeks' notice when making your booking for handover.
About system handovers
Intelligent Home provides a complimentary Smart Wire, Security and Wiser system handover which is valid for 6 months from builder key handover. During your handover, a technician will check that your system is operating correctly and run through its features and operation with you.
Smart wiring handover (duration: up to 30 minutes)
- Show you how the patch panel works.
- Make sure the telephone line is connected and working.
- Check the TV signal is okay and antenna cabling is functioning.
- Ensure the internet connection to the panel and the nominated wall outlet is working.
- Install your network switch (if purchased with your system).
Security handover (duration: up to 30 minutes)
- Explain how the security system works and how to use the keypad.
- Program your codes into the keypad or show you how to program codes and let you do it yourself.
- Connect and program monitoring if supplied by Intelligent Home.
Wiser handover (duration: up to 30 minutes)
- Commission your Wiser system.
- Enrol your switch mechanisms into the Wiser gateway.
- Install the Wiser app and set up one (1) smart device (smartphone or tablet).
- Show you how the Wiser system works.
3 Point pack handover (duration: up to 30 minutes)
Our standard 3 Point Pack does not include a complimentary handover. These systems generally do not require explanation by a service technician. However, if you have concerns, you can book a handover starting from $198.
Are you ready for your handover?
- Your chosen services including TV, phone, internet and Foxtel should be connected and switched on prior to your handover. If these services are unavailable we will not be able to test and demonstrate the operation of your system. Charges will apply for if we need to return to complete your handover at another time.
- Ensure that your services are connected (ie. phone, VOIP phone, TV, internet and Foxtel).
- Have your passwords ready for the Apple app store or Google Play store if your system includes app control.
- Have all of your smart devices (smart phones and tablets) available if your system includes app control.
- If necessary, our technicians can provide over the phone instructions on setting up your security system before handover. Failure to start up your system correctly can wipe programming from the alarm panel.
It may not always be the easiest thing to coordinate, however we recommend that all of your system users are present for the handover.
System handovers start from $198, including GST, for the first 30 minutes. Additional time on site is charged at $99 per 30 minutes.
Due to issues with on-site theft, your intercom will be fit off at handover stage (if purchased with your system).
Your TV antenna, phone line (if you have one) and internet should be connected and switched on prior to your handover. If these services are unavailable, we cannot test and demonstrate your system's operation.
It’s important to note that the Starlink wireless internet service can’t be integrated with hardwired data points or a smart wire panel without a Starlink ethernet adaptor. Adaptors can be ordered directly from Starlink and should be installed as per Starlink’s set up instructions. All Starlink hardware should be installed and operational prior to booking your handover.
Charges will apply for if we need to return to complete your handover at another time.
Coronavirus COVID-19 precaution
If someone in your household is in self-isolation or quarantine due to Coronavirus, please notify us immediately so that we can take the appropriate action to maintain the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the wider community.